CALL FOR ARTISTS
The Anonymous Art Show
The North Vancouver Community Arts Council & CityScape Community Art Space are very excited to announce the 8th Annual “Anonymous Art Show”. This group exhibition and fundraising event will include emerging and established two-dimensional artists working strictly on unframed 8” x 8” x 1½” back stapled
canvas or wood cradle panel.
The artist is asked to only sign the back of the canvas as the paintings are displayed anonymously. Artists are encouraged to participate in this worthwhile event as it is a significant fundraiser for the many valuable community programmes, projects and events of the Arts Council. Each painting is priced at $100. The artist receives 50% and the balance will remain with the Arts Council. Purchased paintings are immediately taken off the wall and given to the purchaser. In its place a sold tag will reveal the artist’s name.
The opening reception and sale is Thursday, November 22 at 7:00pm – 9:30pm and sale continues until Saturday, December 15, giving the community an opportunity to purchase original art in time for Christmas.
Show your support further and purchase your blank canvases from us! On sale now!
$5 for members $7 for non-members
Due to its extreme popularity, the show is now gently juried; however, we will strive to include as many artists as possible. Artists can submit up to three pieces of artwork. Follow us on Twitter as we will be announcing artists (including their websites) who have sold works throughout the show http://twitter.com/NVArtsCouncil
The hash tag for the show is #A¬¬AS12.
All artwork MUST meet the following requirements:
• We only accept unframed, 8” x 8” x 1 ½”, back stapled canvas or wood cradle panel
• A limit of 3 submissions per artist
• Two dimensional works only – No relief work – No three dimensional work
• New submissions only. Previous years’ AAS works will not be accepted
• Full name, signature, title and website (if available) must be written on the back of the canvas (Canvases signed on the front will not be accepted.)
• All works must have a title and may not be called “Untitled”
• Paintings must be submitted dry and unwired
• Mark an “up” arrow on the back of canvas to indicate top
Please obtain the Artist Information Sheet and the Artist Contract to hand in with artwork at http://www.nvartscouncil.ca/home/artist-calls or complete when dropping off.
Deadline for submissions: Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 4:00pm
Drop off artwork any time prior to the deadline at: CityScape Community Art Space (3 blocks up from the Seabus.)
North Vancouver Community Arts Council, 335 Lonsdale Ave, North Vancouver, BC, V7M 2G3
www.nvartscouncil.ca / 604.988.6844 Mon-Fri 9:00am – 5:00pm, Sat 12-5pm
Jo Dunlop, Exhibition Coordinator email@example.com